Tom West to Speak at Multi-Chapter ASSP Event
May 12, 2022
MākuSafe will be exhibiting and speaking at the upcoming multi-chapter ASSP Professional Development Conference on Friday, May 13th in Johnston, IA at the Corteva Carter Center. The Hawkeye Chapter of ASSP is teaming up with the Northeast Iowa Chapter, the Quad Cities Chapter, and the Great Plains Chapter to host this event, bringing together safety professionals for a day of education and networking.
Tom West, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, COSS, Vice President of Marketing for MākuSafe will deliver an informative presentation on using wearable technology to gather leading indicator data and reduce workplace accidents and injuries. The details of his presentation are below. Register for the conference here.
How Wearables Provide EHS Leading Indicators That are Reducing Incidents and Claims
Wearable sensor technology in conjunction with machine learning, AI, and analytics are now helping identify safety risks and hazards before incidents happen. This session will provide an overview of the type of data that can be gathered with wearables and provide use cases from customer deployments in the field where wearables and cloud technology work together to provide true leading indicators for safety managers and their workers’ compensation insurers, contributing to a new era in workplace safety.
1. How wearable technology provides a unique means of gathering relevant EHS data while respecting employee privacy.
2. How data gathered can address; sound dosage, heat illness, slips/trips/falls, ergo strain/exertion/MSD’s, contact tracing
3. How T.R.U.E. Leading Indicators to Hazards & Risk help companies reduce risks and workers’ compensation claims.
4. How push-to-talk reporting can increase near-misses/good catches and observations from the front lines, and benefit culture.
5. Case studies with findings and insights around; process improvements, environmental hazards detected, uncovering harmful human motion, and losses avoided.